Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A dear friend who had a baby recently told me that I must MUST get an epidural. As if I need any convincing. I am all for no pain for any gain. In fact I have willingly forsaken many a gain, in anticipation of minor pain. Another friend mentioned how a common friend benefited from the presence of a "healer" by her side when she was in labour. My endless research on (relatively) easy birthing lead me to a new discovery (for me...come on! who would know of this shit if they didn't have to!)-Try googling "Orgasmic Birth" and you'll find a bunch that claim they can make you feel...yes...orgasmic while delivering the seven pounder (why do I find it so hard to pass)

I say bring it all on. I want an epidural, a healer, a hypnotist, your mother's grand aunt...anyone ANYONE who can promise me a pain free delivery. I am willing to give everything a shot and preferably all at once. If I could teach my husband to administer an epidural, I would,  just so I can get one from the word go! I am willing to bribe the anesthesiologist,  I will get his nephew/niece/son/daughter a big break in a bollywood film.  I will hand out sex food coupons to be redeemed after baby's birth , to everyone who can help me get through this. I will give them out to whoever takes me to the hospital, opens the door, calls the elevator, gives me a shot of pain relief...ANYONE!
Just get me through this thing pain-free. ok?!

No comments: